Movies!!!

Movies!!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Road

Hey everybody! So I watched "The Road" last night and it was fucking incredible. It's based on the Pulitzer Prize winning novel by Cormac McCarthy, so that's something. It's just about the most depressing thing I've ever seen, and I've seen a guy in a bear costume sit on the curb and cry. So think about that. Think about how depressing I must think this movie is.

Exactly.

Seriously, Viggo Mortensen is an amazing actor and I can't imagine a better choice for the lead in this one. He's prettymuch neck and neck with Daniel Day Lewis for the title of best ever (yes, I think they're both better than Brando, deal with it). The directing was great, even with the choice to add Charlize Theron as a character (I didn't love the idea, but I understand it. Adding a character he can flash back on and have conversations with is better than constant narration. As much as I complain when novels are altered for the screen, I have to admit that translating from one media to the other does pose problems and this is one of the rare instances where they got it as right as they could). So, if you're in the mood for a depressing, post apocalyptic father and son survival epic, this is your movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment